Shin Trainer / Tib Bar / Tibialis Trainer
Buy Tib Bar
The ATG Tib Bar sold by The Knees Over Toes Guy is about 100 dollars. With Shipping is is about 160 euro!
With the Shin Trainer (ATG Tib Bar) you can do the same exercises, and you can ensure that your shins become stronger and less likely to overload. This way you prevent annoying injuries such as Shin Splint.
Using the Shin Trainer is very simple and can be adapted for every level.
- Make sure you have a bench where you can fully extend your legs and your feet can come over the edge.
- Put both feet in the Shin Trainer
- Let your feet hang down as far as possible
- Then move your foot up as far as possible, so towards your knee
- Keep your leg straight all the time!
- Now perform this move in 5 sets of 20 reps within 5 minutes
- Is this easy? then add some weight until you get to a challenging level
What is a good weight for the Shin Trainer?
Personally, I train with a weight between 5 and 10% of my body weight, but I am not a beginner. My goal is to work towards 15%.
So do you weigh 80 kg? Then you can start with 3 to 5 kg and then build up as you want and can. It is important that you manage to achieve 5 sets of 20 repetitions within 5 minutes without extra rest moments. Only then can you add some weight. You will immediately notice every kg more!